Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Hippy Chick Bracelet and Mom's Birthday!!!



On Saturday is was my birthday. Lo and behold to my great surprise, I got a Pepe Jumpringer for my birthday from my sweetie. I first couldn't get the blade to cut the rings, but found that I had to really centre it on the metal guide first and adjust it so the blade was perfectly in the middle. I made the Hippy Chick bracelet that a friend of my thought was very "groovy". This bracelet is 18 gauge copper, the big rings are 6mm ID and 3mm ID connectors. I love my jumpringer and sense that chainmaille will be really incorporated into my designs.
And, I got these beautiful flowers from my friend as another surprise for my birthday.
And, my friend Rabbit got me a book on Gems, so I'll be able to go to bead shows and stop pestering her and Meresea by always saying, what's that stone??? The book is "Guide to Gems" by Cally Oldershaw. The pics and info are super in it. We went to Lighthouse park on Sunday and the weather was spectacular!
Finally, it is my Mom's 79th birthday today. Happy Birthday Mom!!! Oh, my Mom got the byz bracelet and wow, it looks great on her wrist!

No comments: