Sunday, October 14, 2007

Northern Lights








Yesterday I went to the Fraser Valley Bead Show. I spent way too much, but have a beautiful selection of faceted, Mystic Topaz, London Topaz, faceted rubies, citrine, amethysts, periodot. Today I bought some Tandrite Tourmaline and Green Amethyst (presiolite). So I must make lots of jewelry now to get out of debt. I made these earrings this morning using my own sterling silver headpins and earwires. The top beads are sapphires, then I have a beautiful lampwork bead by Kerri Fuhr. The bottom of the earring is Labradorite and a Blue Peruvian Opal. I named these earrings Northern Lights. The Inuit have a ledgend that the Northern Lights are captured in Labradorite, and this is the spirit of these earrings. If you like these earrings, they are for sell!!! JFAA

I also purchase a big hollow lampwork bead from Kerri, named a Heart of Gold. This will be the focal bead of a necklace for the United Way silent auction at work, donated by my team, Perioperative Services.

No comments: