Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm Winding Down

Well I've finished the Craft Shows now. I'm officially on sabbatical from selling. I have a few pieces left and will hopefully just sell them by word of mouth. Above is an Exclamation Pendant that I was commissioned to do. The stone is garnet.

Last night I bought 5 rough cut cubed diamonds. And this morning a pair of biwa coin pearls on Etsy that are inset with clear topaz in a 18k gold bezel. In the next few months I hope to be able to fabricate with ease small gold bezels together to form organic looking pieces. Of late, Todd Reed has been an inspiration to me. He a self-taught jeweler who is very in touch with the organic side of fine jewelry making at it's best.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the rough cut cubed diamonds. I don't know if I've ever seen any before.