Thursday, October 30, 2008

United Way Basket Competition at VGH My Diva Basket


At the hospital each year we do a United Way campaign. Usually units form teams and submit baskets then VGH does a silent auction. For the last 2 years I've always submitted my jewelry as an individual. This year, I'm doing a Diva basket, a kind of PIF (Pay it Forward). My rule to myself, donations are mainly labour, or items that are brand new and did not cost the donor anything.

My friend, Tiffany donated a tea towel, "Diva's don't do dishes", and martini glasses (she won these), I donated my jewelry, a dancing freshwater pearl choker and Swarvoski crystal bracelet in pastel pink and purple. To go with the theme of "Diva" I asked two of my favourite bakers to donate as well, my friend Tannis who owns Elegant cookies, and is donating cookies with Diva and my favourite cupcake store,, co-owners Kathy and Lori,"Cupcakes" who donated 1/2 dozen of "Diva" cupcakes.
Right now this a work in progress, I'll post the final submission once I create the basket.